Monday, November 22, 2021

From sketch to embodiment...

 At the beginning of the development of our creative project, I was fond of creating sketches - sketches not only of knitwear, but also of coats and shoes. However, the further we progressed in the implementation of our knitting ideas, the less often I started with a sketch. New ideas began to be implemented immediately from the knitting scheme, preliminary sketching was superfluous. But some items have passed the sketching stage, and now I'm interested to see how some specific thing created by us was originally conceived and what happened in the final... Least of all, my shoe sketches, which I did mainly in 1994-1999, found their embodiment in life. During these years, I drew about two hundred sketches of shoes, and only three pairs of shoes were made, in 1998th... It is noteworthy that for the manufacture of "curled into a pigtail" heels, I had to contact the mechanical workshop of the Chelyabinsk Radio Factory, where they were made them of spring steel for me...























 Alexander Seraphim's attempts to design footwear (1994-99)...


https://gr.pinterest.com/KNITSBYCHEL/alexander-seraphims-attempts-to-design-footwear/

1 comment:

  1. Alexandra & Alexander Seraphim's knitted aberrations:

    https://knitsbychel.blogspot.com/2020/06/haute-couture-from-russia.html

    ReplyDelete